It’s HERE! The holidays are once again upon us, and now that Thanksgiving has passed we can officially dive in to everyone’s favorite season. Christmas is less than a month away and that means many of us are putting up the tree and decking all the halls. It is time to bust out the wreaths, greenery, bows, bells, baskets and (dare I say) elves.
This year we are for the first time in our marriage, getting a real Christmas tree! There is nothing like the smell of fresh greenery and a Christmas tree tops all. After purging and moving mid November, I have realized how very little Christmas decor we have to put up this year. That obviously needs to change, so I’ve been picking up little things here and there from Hobby Lobby.
While searching Pinterest for inspiration I noticed my Frugal DIY Winter Decor board was filling up with Scandinavian Christmas style. It’s a minimalist look with natural tones and elements, lots of branches, fresh greenery and is a clean display. Our new place is bright, white, open and lends itself to a boho, neutral vibe and adding slight Scandinavian style is the perfect addition to this year’s Christmas decor.
If you like simply DIY, then these super simple Christmas decor DIY’s are must- haves for this holiday season! (And yes, they are totally inspired by Scandi-life).
1. Evergreen hanging
- Evergreen branches (check the floral section at your local grocery store, or find bouquet of branches at a nursery)
- Pipe Cleaner
- Gather the branches with the ends together and twist the pipe cleaner to attach
- Cut 10 inches of ribbon and tie around the pipe cleaner, in a knot or bow
2. Branch wreath
- Evergreen branches
- Metal wreath ring frame Dollar Tree
- Cut greenery branches into roughly 8 inch sections
- Weave into the metal wreath ring frame, angling clockwise
- Continue adding branches until full!
3. Wood and candle centerpiece
- Wood slice
- 3 white candles (Dollar Tree)
- Fresh pine twigs
- Place the wood slice on a table, counter or table
- Set 3 white candles of varying height on top of the wood slice
- Arrange a few fresh pine twigs around the candles
- Light and enjoy during a Christmas gathering or cozy night in.
4. Pine-cone Garland
- Pine cones
- Jute chord or twine
- Hot Glue gun
- Cut string according to how long you want the garland (I would suggest 4-5ft)
- Take the string and tie it around the top of the pine cone spacing the pine cones 8(ish) inches apart
- Hot glue gun little branches of greenery between each pine cones
5. Eucalyptus in vases
- Clip a few twigs of eucalyptus from a branch (find eucalyptus at your local grocer)
- Place in a vase with water
- That was so easy
Christmas decor could not be any easier! These super simple tutorials are perfect for anyone with little time to spruce their space for the Holidays. The best part? Leave them up after Christmas!
These 5 DIY’s aren’t just great for Christmas. These Scandinavian inspired do-it-yourself projects are neutral as holiday and all winter decor. No need to take them down after New Years👍.